Wednesday, May 1, 2013

LPN Pinning Ceremony

This past Friday was the LPN/ADN Pinning Ceremony, where just the nursing students at USU-Eastern had a program separate from the other graduation/commencement ceremonies. Mom drove up on Wednesday and Dad came up Friday for the weekend and it was so wonderful to have them here in Price! Unfortunately I still had clinicals, tests, assignments, and a final on Monday to work on so my time was a little limited, but Mom and I had a great time hanging out and checking out the Campus Bookstore and Dad and I went to cheer on the Eagles Baseball team play a double header against Northern Colorado on Saturday (I think that's the name of the school) and we ate some pizza from Big Don's Pizza. Dad said he wish there was a pizza place like Big Don's in Bakersfield because it was so good. So even though there isn't a lot to do in Price, come for the Pizza! :)

The Pinning Ceremony was pretty short, about an hour and a half (which is almost unheard of when it comes to graduation ceremonies!) but it was very nice with a few short speeches, a picture slideshow of the 2012-2013 year, the pinning, and then a "lighting ceremony" to carry on the tradition of Florence Nightingale.

We even made the news! Here's a short article about the ceremony with a couple pictures:
http://www.etv10news.com/component/k2/item/3728-usu-eastern-nursing-program-pins-39-graduates

Here are a few of the pictures from the weekend.


 Mom hung up the Okkervil River poster I got for Christmas...I love it!!
 The LPN class!
 With my roommate Courtney
 Sweet Mom!


 With my new stethoscope that has my name engraved in it!
Dad and I after the ceremony

No comments: